MYOLYN FES Cycling
Lifeward is proud to be a U.S. distributor of MYOLYN Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) bikes that provide state-of-the-art therapeutic cycling for both clinic and home use. MyoCycle bikes can benefit patients with paralysis or weakness caused by neurological disorders like spinal cord injury, stroke, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and more.
- Easy to use, automated setup and tuning ensures every patient receives customized and optimized therapy while saving therapists time.
- Up to 10 channels of stimulation combined with task-specific, functional software, helps patients to achieve the many clinical benefits of FES cycling.
- MyoPortal patient tracking enables clinicians to create an unlimited number of patient profiles, storing therapy settings and performance data to track progress.
- Prevent atrophy/build muscle
- Increase strength
- Build endurance
- Regain sensation
- Recover function
- Increase/maintain range of motion
- Increase cycling power
- Improve self-image
- Improve quality of life
- Relax muscle spasms
Prevent bone loss
- Improve cardiorespiratory fitness
- Improve blood circulation
- Improve insulin sensitivity/glucose tolerance
|Walking Gait &
|Walking Gait &
|Simulation control modes
|Automatic & Manual
|Automatic & Manual
|Access to MyoPortal online database
|Unlimited number of user profiles
|1/2 Day Clinical Training for Therapy Staff
Frequently Asked Questions
Each of the medical devices from Lifeward has different pricing, depending on an individual's insurance situation and other factors. Lifeward has a dedicated reimbursement team that can discuss and potentially assist you with questions regarding coverage and reimbursement. Different payers apply different policies, and we have experience working with VA, Medicare, workers compensation, and other insurance options. For more information, please contact the team at Lifeward using the form here.
Setup and installation of the MyoCycle Home is easy! You don’t need any specialized training or knowledge to set up and use your system. Simple, intuitive controls and patented technology give you a great workout. If you ever have any questions setting up or using your MyoCycle, MYOLYN’s customer support team is there to help you via video chat, phone, or email.
When electrical stimulation is used to help someone do something functional, we call it Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES). FES is used to help people with paralysis caused by neurological disorders like spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, stroke, cerebral palsy, and other conditions. It can also help people with muscle weakness after surgery like knee replacement.
The benefits of FES include:
- Relaxing muscle spasms
- Preventing muscle atrophy
- Increasing local blood circulation
- Maintaining or increasing range of motion
Lifeward distributes the MYOLYN products within the United States. For inquiries outside of the United states, Lifeward will be happy to pass along your request to MYOLYN directly.
The MyoCycle Home is FDA cleared to prevent muscle atrophy, reduce spasms, increase blood flow, and increase range of motion. The MyoCycle Home’s advanced automatic calibration system delivers the level of resistance or assistance that is right for you so you get the best workout possible. MYOLYN also works closely with your medical team to ensure that you are progressing toward your therapy goals.
- Peng CW, Chen SC, Lai CH, Chen CJ, Chen CC, Mizrahi J, Handa Y. Clinical Benefits of Functional Electrical Stimulation Cycling Exercise for Subjects with Central Neurological Impairments. J Med Biol Eng 2011; 31(1):1-11.
- Davis G, Hamzaid NA, Hasnan N. Functional electrical stimulation in clinical applications: Fitness and cardiovascular health. Conf Proc IFESS 2014.
- Allison DJ, Chapman B, Wolfe D, Sequeira K, Hayes K, Ditor DS. Effects of a functional electrical stimulation-assisted cycling program on immune and cardiovascular health in persons with spinal cord injury. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil 2016; 22(1):71-8.
- Stampas A, York HS. Is the routine use of a functional electrical stimulation cycle for lower-limb movement standard of care for acute spinal cord injury rehabilitation? PM&R 2017; 9:521-8.
- Wilder RP, Jones EV, Wind TC, Edlich RF. A review on functional electrical stimulation cycle ergometer exercise for spinal cord injured patients. Journal of Long-Term Effects of Medical Implants 2017; 27(2-4):279-92.
- Popovic-Maneski L, Aleksic A, Metani A, Bergeron V, Cobeljic R, Popovic DB. Assessment of spasticity by a pendulum test in SCI patients who exercise FES cycling or receive only